Monday, January 4, 2010

Full of Hot Air

I’ve wanted to start a blog for a while now, mostly as a place to write about how the Spirit-filled life relates with everyday life, and in particular connects with social justice and compassion. I finally tried to start a few months ago, but got stymied at the first step of creating a blog – naming it. I kind of knew where I wanted to go with the blog, but had no idea what a good name would be.

“Mike’s Blog – good eats here” was likely already taken. I thought of a bunch of names as I mused, “Spirit Moves” being my favorite, which incidentally is a fantastic CD by Fergus Marsh. I’m not sure Ferg would have appreciated me stealing his title, and since I’m hoping his wife, Lynn, will write every once in a while, I think he’d find out about the theft.

So I’ve sat on it for a while. But then on Epiphany Eve eve, I had my own epiphany! I wanted to talk about the Holy Spirit in everyday life – spirituality where the tire hits the road, as it were. The Greek word for spirit, wind, breath and air is "pneuma" (if you are Rob Bell, you spell it “nooma”). So there you have it -- I have a name! Pneumatic Tire. I may change it to Pneumatic Tirade though…

No comments:

Post a Comment